Introduction: Madhya Pradesh (MP)
India is a country located in southern Asia. India is the most populous democracy in the world. It is a federal constitutional republic governed under a parliamentary system consisting of 29 states and 7 union territories . Among them Madhya Pradesh (MP) located in the heart of India. Madhya Pradesh has everything. From ancient forests with wildlife, many imposing forts and palaces, numerous temples. MP is full of history, heritage, religion, culture and natural beauty . Bhopal is capital of Madhya Pradesh (MP).
Myself is not a traveler or any tourist of Madhya Pradesh (MP). I am is son of Madhya Pradesh (MP) the heart of India from a small town Jaisinghnagar in Shahdol district. Jaisinghnagar had a population of 7392. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Jaisinghnagar has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average . The Postal Index Number of this place is 484771. I am not going to told any story around my life. I am just introducing some very beautiful and eye catching destinations for you. A highlight of popular places is given as:
Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh (MP)
- Bandhavgarh National Park: Tala park entrance at Bandhavgarh. Nearest airport from the park is Khajuraho. By Rail: Nearest railway station is Umaria after Katani railway station, from there it is about 40 minutes drive to Nature Heritage .
- Kanha National Park: Jabalpur is the nearest airport (170kms/04:00hrs) having daily direct flight connectivity with Delhi & Mumbai. Nearest Railway Station for Kanha National Park is Gondia (145kms) & Jabalpur (165kms) .
- Panna National Park: By Road: The road network is very good to reach Panna National Park, nearest bus stand is in Pannatown which is connected to Khajuraho, Satna and many other places in Madhya Pradesh by a good road network. Madla, at a distance of around 24 km south west of Khajuraho, is a good transport centre .
- Satpura National Park: By Train: Nearest railway station for reaching Satpura tiger reserve is Sohagpur about 20kms from national park. Being a small station, many long-route trains do not stops here so next better option in Pipariya railway station which is about 45kms from national park. Here Jungle safari is the main activity to do .
- Amarkantak: by railways. Pendra Road is the nearest railhead to Amarkantak, which is located at a distance of 17 km from this holy town. Tourists can also come down to this place via Anuppur, which is just 48 km away. From both of these places, one can get regular transport facility including taxis and buses .
- Khajuraho: You can take Khajuraho-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express, which has daily connectivity to Khajuraho. Hire a cab or an auto from outside the railway station. The second nearest railhead, which is well-connected with some of the Indian cities is the Mahoba Junction, which is approximately 75 kilometres away from Khajuraho .
- Bhedaghat, Jabalpur: Bhedaghat is just 25kms from Jabalpur city center. It can be reached by surface travel from Jabalpur and can be visited any time. In rainy season, boating remain closed for approx. 03 months .
- Maihar Devi: Nearest airport is Khajuraho Airport (106 km away). Maihar is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular trains. NH 7 making it easy for visitors to reach here by road.
- Pachmarhi: Pachmarhi by railways. Pipariya is the adjacent railhead situated at a distance of 47 km away from Pachmarhi. This rail station is on the foremost line to Mumbai – Howrah and therefore most of the foremost trains halt at this station
- Sanchi : The south-eastern districts have the heaviest rainfall, some places receiving as much as 2,150 mm (84.6 in), while the western and north-western districts receive 1,000 mm (39.4 in) or less. By Air: Nearest airport for reaching Sanchi stupas is at Bhopal city, known as Raja Bhoj airport (IATA Code:BHO) .
- Orchha: Orchha is within easy reach from Delhi. Visitors often combine it with a visit to the Taj Mahal in Agra and the erotic temples of Khajuraho. Jhansi is the nearest railway station and Gwalior the nearest airport. The distance between Jhansi and Orchhais 18 kilometres .
- Pench: By Air: The Sonegaon airport in Nagpur is 93 kms from the Pench National park. There are regular flights connecting Nagpur to all other major cities in India. By Rail: The Seoni Railway Station is about 30 kms from the Pench National Park. It is the nearest railhead to Pench and has regular trains running in and out, connecting the place to Mumbai and other places. By Road: Buses and jeeps can be taken to the Pench National Park from the bus stand which is at Seoni.. Seoni is linked to all places in Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra by a good network of Roadways. Pench on the Nagpur- Jabalpur highway is accessible by local transport options such as taxis. If you plan to take the bus from Nagpur, you will have to get down at Suktara or Khwasa .
- Maheshwar: By Air: Nearest airport is the Devi Ahilyabai Holkar International Airport. The nearest airport is at Indore; located about 91 km from Maheshwar. The airport is well connected by flights to cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bhopal. From the airport, visitors can hire a taxi to reach Maheshwar. By Train: The nearest railhead is at Barwaha; located about 39 km from Maheshwar. Indore is the nearest major railhead. Trains from Mumbai, Delhi, Bhopal and many other Indian cities halt at the station. From the station, visitors can hire taxi for Maheshwar. By Road: Maheswar can be reached easily by road. Several state-run buses do ply regularly from Indore, Bhopal, Khandwa, Dhar, Dhamnod and many other cities of Madhya Pradesh .
- Ujjain: Ujjain is linked to all the major cities in India. So, you can come from Delhi, Mumbai or even Kolkata by train to Ujjain. Moreover, one can also avail the flight services of Indore airport, which is the nearest city. Then private buses and cars are available in plenty, once you come down to the city .
- Indore: Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport is located in Indore which is just 10 km from the city center. Indore Junction is an important railway station located in the Western railway zone. Indore is well-connected by state road transport public bus services that make your journey convenient .
- Gwalior: Gwalior airport is only 8 km from the main city and can be easily accessed by taking a taxi. All major trains of the Delhi-Chennai and Delhi-Mumbai route pass through the railway station here which makes it a favorable destination. Buses to Gwaliorare also available from Jhansi, Varanasi, Indore, Bhopal, etc .
- Hanumantiya: Nearest airport for reaching Hanumantiya island is Indore Airport. Distance from Khandwa railway station to Hanumantiya Island is just approx. 50kms .
- Rewa: Connectivity. BY FLIGHT. There are regular flights from other major cities of the country to Rewa. Rewais well connected to other major cities of the country via regular trains. Railway Station(s): rewa (REWA) You can easily get regular buses to Rewa from other major cities of the country .
- Omkareshwar: The airports closest to Omkareshwar are Indore (77km) and Ujjain (133km). The nearest railway station is 12 km away, but it is not on the mainline and is not connected to the major cities. The nearest major railway station is Indore (77 km). You can also board a bus from Ujjain, Indore or Khandwa .
- Chitrakoot: You can reach Chitrakoot through major modes of transportation like air, train and road. Chitrakoot is easily accessible from all major cities of India. By Air:- Khajuraho Airport is the nearest airport from Chitrakoot, at a distance of 192 km. The airport is connected to Varanasi, Delhi and Agra .